Friday, August 29, 2014

Aug 29, 2014




I finished a quilt for Carol M. With the week I have had it is a major accomplishment.We have had quite a week. We had a flash flood her is St. George, Utah.  My studio floor was flooded. Thankfully nothing much was damaged. Just a sketch book that had some old sketches, pencil and ink. None of my machine were damaged and no quilts or back were either. I was very thankful. The water did come in our sliding doors. Red mud is not that easy to get out of anything!  We needed something new done on the floor anyway. I had put a stick down tile on my studio floor and it has weather water on it a few time. I am thinking I will remove the old carpet and lay stick down tile that looks like wood. I found some nice looking samples at Home Depot. Just don't know when I will get the time! We moved the treadmill out of the room and it  made the space so much lighter. Removing the big thing made the space look a lot larger also. I still haven't cleaned up all the mud from our cement. The entire area was under muddy water. I was so thankful for our neighbors. Candice and I were in my studio and I notice there was water coming in under one of the walls. I was not to concerned until the neighbor behind us rang the door bell and said she we were getting flooded. My husband had just left on a call to the hospital. So...... I got my sump pump out, the hose broke off. I could not put the piece that was left behind off. I finally got it cut off and then could not get the hose clamp to hold the hose in place. It was raining so hard and there was a lot of lightening. I was standing in water up to my ankles and 3 neighbors were helping. I finally got the hose to stay on and started pumping water off from the patios up to the street. Once the sump had done it's work there, I put it the pond. When Dave got back from his call out, things were kind of under control. I got the pond cleaned out and running again. The birds are happy and I hope I don't see any more muddy water for a very long time, at least not in my back yard or basement! We still have a lot more to clean up. But the carpet is dry and does not smell. That is a very good thing.
I was able to finish Carol's quilt today. I used Isacord on the top and Superior Threads  sew fine in the bobbin (http://superiorthreads.com). The batting was a 70/30. I think it quilted up very nicely.


No comments:

Post a Comment