Friday, August 8, 2014

Amy's Teddy bear quilt

I got this baby quilt done for my niece. I had piece the top years ago. The piecing job is not very good even though I used Thangles!  I drew the teddy bear out on some light weight interfacing and sewed the pieced of the teddy bear, turn them and then appliquéd them in place with the sewing mating. It was so thick and the fuzzy blanket material kept slipping out from under my hopping foot.  The Teddy's legs could be a bit fatter, but I still think it is cute. I used a 9 oz poly batting, Sew fine in the bobbin and permacore thread in the top. I sewed the binding on with the sewing machine, turning it from the back to the front and top stitching with my Janome. We purchased a twin size throw from cost-co for the backing.
 


I finished a couple of table runner for a friend and client too, but neglected to take photos. It has been a very busy week and it is not over. But I am not complaining. I would rather be busy than not!
Now we are going to watch the a new series called outlander......

2 comments: