Monday, August 4, 2014

Rosie and Gayle's quilts

I am back in St. George, working away. I did have a wonderful few days with friends up on the LaSal Mts. at a lodge called Wispering Oaks. It is a wonderful place to stay. We go their yearly with high school friends. This year there were 16 of us. The number that attend changes from year to year. There are a few of us that have made it almost every year for a while.  I did not take any photos at the lodge this year. Dave and I took a ride up the Sandflats Road. I love this country. I don't think there is any where on earth as beautiful as the Moab area. 
 This beautiful sunset was taken from patio of friend's home in Moab. We always stay in 'our bedroom' at Kerry and Lorrie Lange's home. They always make us fell so welcome.
Crystal Day purchased my new wall hanging pattern. She is currently sell all three of my patterns.  
I finished this small piece for Gayle before we left for our short vacation.

Rosie Hargrove picked up her quilt this morning. I got it finished over the weekend. It turned out really great. She was very happy with it. It was large 115x96. One of her daughters made it for the other daughter. Rosie, picked out the quilting and bought a new backing for it. We used wool batting, which I love, Permacore in the top and sew fine in the bobbin.



It has been a very long day.....so until next time. Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment