Saturday, March 8, 2014

Sat March 8th, 2014

The weather has been so nice here in St. George. I am loving it. I do wish that so many of our plants and trees were not dead. I don't think any of our plan trees will make it. I don't know about the oleanders either. So far, driving around, I have not seen anyone removing theirs .. so maybe  they will come out.

We had our monthly quilt guild meeting today. We had a heat turn out.  Annie Unrein was our speaker. She is a member of our guild. We are so very blessed with so many talented and truly nice people here in this area. Quilter's are the best! Annie showed us a bunch of her patterns along with the finished products. There were more than one of her pattern I really love and just haven't had time to make any, but plan to. I really love her soft and stable foam lining. It is 100% better than headliner.
She showed us her new zippers, they are pretty cool too.  Her web site is www.byannie.com. If you haven't checked her out do!

The Dixie Quilt Guild's retreat is just around the corner, March 27-29th.  I have gotten a lot of gifts for door prizes from different vendors. I have been amazed at their generosity! Cathie Purdy and I will be making bags for prizes next week.

This has been the first night in a long while that my husband has been able to take one of his telescopes out to view and photo the stars.

Tomorrow is our youngest daughter's Birthday. She was a wonderful child and has grown into a wonderful, smart and beautiful young woman. I am so very proud of her. I just can't believe time has gone by so very quickly!

Hope you all have a wonderful week!





No comments:

Post a Comment