Saturday, March 15, 2014

Sat March 15, 2014

Another weeks has come and gone. Where in the world does the time go to? This month is so busy for me. I  don't like wishing my life away, but I will be glad when this month is over. It ends with the quilt guilds retreat.  I have gotten a lot done this week, but have a ton more to do.
I had a great afternoon yesterday. I spent it with my wonderful friend, fellow fiber artist and long arm quilter, Cathie Purdy. She helped me assemble bags we are going to put our goodies in for the Dixie Quilt Guild's retreat. I am in charge of getting donations for the door prizes. I have been amazed at the generosity of the business I have asked for donations. Most have given us something and a lot of them have given us way more than I have expected. I don't have a total list comprised, but when I do I will post it. There have been 3 or so that were extremely generous. I mean to the tune of 80 books from one, 80 patterns from another. Most gave 7-10 gifts each. I just have been really blown away by all of them! I will post a list after our retreat.
The web site for the fiber art group I belong to us up and running. Rosemary Hargrove's (a PHFA member) daughter, Emily King, has been working to get the site all set up. The add is wwwpaintedhillsfiberartists.com. Emily has done a wonderful job and the site will evolve as time goes on. Check our site out!
It's been a very long day and I am tired so I will say good night. But...... check out our web site!

No comments:

Post a Comment