Thursday, May 24, 2012

I haven't posted anything on my blog for a very long time... I had been working at Let' Quilt here in St. George Utah. I have quite that job and am quilting full time now. I plan on keeping my blog up to date.
I have started the process of a business licence here in Utah. I have gone from just doing a few quilts for friends and the shop to being very busy. The only bad thing about being totally legal is now I have to charge sales tax and here in Utah, we have to charge tax on not only the products we sell, but on the quilting we do. I did not think we had to charge for 'service' but here quilting is not considered a 'service'. We have altered a product, thus creating a new product. So... as soon as I get my tax ID number and my business Glad Rags Art is official.... I will start charging sales tax...

No comments:

Post a Comment