Wednesday, January 4, 2017

January 6, 2017

Happy New Year.  My kids made it back to New York fine. I sure is quite here without them. We all miss them. I really miss Megan's laugh! But, Brooklyn is where they live and if Megan had not moved to New York she probably would not have met Patrick. It is wonderful to see Megan happy!
Megan did my hair color before she left.  She always gets it just the color I want! My next job will be to get all the decorations taken down and put away. I enjoy putting them up, but really don't care for taking them down and fitting everything back into the proper boxes and totes.

I am ready for warmer weather! All the photos of snow is so pretty, but.... I don't miss the snow one bit!

I picked up my Fiber Art pieces from the St. George Art Museum yesterday. A few will go up on the walls once I get the Christmas things down, but a lot of them will just be rolled up, put in bags and put in the closet.  The museum has asked for donation of art work this year. I am thinking about donating my piece called 'Stages'. It was made to represent the prairies. It is a tryptic that I will never display. It was piece that everyone enjoyed and it fits in a venue like the Museum. It would be nice if they would purchase it, but that didn't happen. It would benefit from being put in a shadow box frame, but I don't have access to the tools to make a frame, nor the extra funds to pay someone to make such a frame.

I finished a quilt for Donna S. She picked it up today and was very happy with it. I really like how it turned out. We used wool batting and Superior Thread's Sew Fine in the top and the bobbin. I used a panto called Brilliance. I love this pantograph. It is replacing Square Spiral as my favorite.





Now..... time to get a bit of paper work done. It is time to remit the taxes I have collected to the state.  Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment