Friday, September 26, 2014

This quit is being taught at The Sewing Center of Southern Utah (www.superiorthread.com) tomorrow. 
 I thought I would add before and after shots on this one. I was going to put them side by side, but can't the  computer to do that. I am often very computer challenged.
I delivered the quilt to Verny today and she was very happy with it.  I used wool batting, Superior Thread's www.superiorthread.com. thread. Sewfine in the bobbin, Magnifico  and mono-poly in the top. I also used an Isacord  in the top. I did not need much and did not have the correct color of Magnifico. I did wined a bobbin of the Isacord for the gold section.   I decided to quilt spider webs in the corners to tie the halloween and fall embroidery designs. I ditched the star and decided that was all this one needed. Any quilting design I came up with, took away from the spiral effect.  When I looked at the quilting from the back, the quilting was evenly spaced and it looked good so I decided to not add anything to the lone star.
 I quilted bats in the outer edge of the inset pieces.

tip: if you are unsure about the amount of quilting you have done, view the piece from the back. That way you don't have all the color interference and you can decide if you have quilted yours or your clients piece enough of if you need to add quilting. If you feel you need more quilting consider if additional quilting will add to the over all quilt design. I could have added something in the lone star block, but I don't think it would have added anything to this quilt. I did give my client the option and I was glad she loved it like it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment