Thursday, June 26, 2014

It is over cast and breezy here in St. George today. The temp is below 100, but it feels very warm outside.  We are expecting it to be windy this afternoon.
I finally got around to loading photos into my computer...... the brown zig zag quilt belongs to Cheryl  DeMerit. This could have been quilting a lot more had she decided she wanted custom. But for what the quilt is going to be used for I thought an edge to edge design was perfect for this one. She wanted a curvy design. Cheryl picked the pantograph she liked the best from the pantographs I have and that it what I did. The thread is Magnifico from Superior Threads on the top and Superiors Sew Fine in the bobbin. The batting is polydown. This was the very last of my 120" wide roll of polydown. I was very sad to use the last of it. I loved this batting. The never polydown is not a fluffy and nice as this roll was. I have replaced it with a 9 oz that is a Pellon brand (I think). I have not used it yet but will very soon. 

 At our last Painted Hills Fiber Artists meeting, Carroll Lee Stolz's grandson, Honor, did a demo on his painting technique using spray paint and found objects. This young artist is will start 7th grade in the fall (I think). He and his brother are football players and I hope he keeps up his pursuits of art.
 I finished this large quilt for Lael Lovel last night. She hasn't piked it up yet. I am anxious to see her reaction. I like how it turned out. We used a black 70/30 Legacy from Pellon batting. The thread was Superior Thread's Magnifico and Glide on the top with Superiors Sew Fine in the bobbin.






I a currently working on a new wall hanging pattern. This will be my third published (self) pattern. They are currently being sold at It's Sew Moab.  I am behind on getting the pattern done. I have been doing one a year. But have just been to busy to get past the original drawing on this one. I purchased background material as well as some border fabric at Scrap Apple Quilts.  I am pleased with the outcome so far. I will publish some step-by-step photos as soon as I get the sample done. Also I am loading my Statue of Liberty quilt on my long arm. I must get it quilted. Time is getting away from me. I have been putting clients work in front of my own. I am going to have to sneak mine in every once in a while or I won't have things done by the date I need them.

Carroll Lee Stolz is currently getting an article ready to go on our PHFA web site. Emily King, Rosemary Hargrove's daughter, has set our web site up for us and hopefully we (meaning Carroll Lee...lol) will be able to 'take it from here'.  The site is www.paintedhillsfiberartists.com. Check it out. Hopefully we will have more current information about the group on the site.  We are so thankful to Emily for all the work she has put into our group.

I guess I should get back to my work. It will be time for my husband to be home before I know it. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment