Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Feb 4, 2014

Last week got away from me.....I did not get anything posted. I have been very busy working on a client's quilt. It is  show quilt that is 102 inches long and 94 inches wide. She wanted it quilted like a whole cloth. The density of the stitching is much like I have done on these journal covers. When I get tired of the quilt I have been making these journal covers. I had quilted the material previously. I have 8 finish. The have blank books inside. Some are lined for journals and some are blank sketch books. I really enjoy the cover I made for my three ring binder.  I got the idea from my good friend and fellow long arm quilter, Dazie of 'One Wild Stitch'. We belong to the a fiber arts group called Painted Hills Fiber Artists. She saw some journal covers somewhere and suggested that she and I each quilt a few pieces to give the girls for Christmas. We did an they loved them. So I made a bund for my family and friends for Christmas gifts. I assembled mine a bit differently that we did the ones we gave to fellow PHFA members. 
I plan on selling them, but haven't decided how much I need to sell them for to make it worth my while to make them. The quilting take a lot of time. 
Most have button and ribbon closures, one has a magnetic clasp. The book inside measures 6" x 8". Some are lined and some are blank.










Now I must get back to my quilting. I have a long way to go on Wanda's quilt. I am thinking about getting to a point where I can remove it from the long arm and work on something else. I don' like to do that though.  Good day to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment