Friday, January 24, 2014

Friday Jan 24, 2014

Good grief..... where is this month going? Although I am very ready for some warm weather time is slipping by!
This week has been busy. I have been mainly working on a client and friend's quilt. It is very slow going. I have done a bit of picking out to. I hate that. But when something does not look quite right and I can pick out... I pick out or un-sew. That sounds better. I probably have another full week working on this one.
I have been getting goodies in the mail from different companies and quilt shops for our guild's retreat. It is really a lot of fun. I don't like asking for the donations, but it has to be done and this year it is my and Effie's job.
I started a project for myself this Thursday. A year or so ago I purchased some Peacock fabric. I managed to get a few yards of different bolts in the line. Then last month I was in The Sewing Center of Southern Utah and started looking through a basket of close out Anita Goodesign embroidery  designs. There was a peacock scene that consists of 20 embroidered tile blocks. I decided I would embroider this scene and use it as a center medallion in a quilt. I hope to make it large enough to use as a bedspread for myself. We will see if I can get this one finished. I have a couple of things that are ready for me to quilt. I can't seem to find time to do much of anything for myself, but that is my own fault!
Now.... I have had a very full day and it's past time for bed.




No comments:

Post a Comment