Thursday, January 2, 2014

January 2, 2014

Another year has started....... so much to do and the time goes by so fast. I thought I would take a photo of my design wall and show you what I am currently working on. I have one art piece ready to put the binding and hanging sleeve on and know what I am going to do with the Zion piece to get it ready to load on the my long arm.  I am anxious to get the Statue of liberty piece read to go as well as the bristle cone piece.  I just don't have much time to work on my own stuff. 

 We had a really great Christmas with family in Moab. It is been many years since we have al been home together. My younger sister, Leslie Phillips, has a beautiful large home that is perfect for large gatherings. She made her delicious lasagna for our Christmas eve dinner. Season, my niece, and my oldest daughter Candice cooked and cooked on Christmas day. Megan (my youngest daughter) and her boyfriend, Patrick, cooked us breakfast before we headed back home to St. Geroge.

I am enjoying having Meg and Patrick here for a few more days. Dave has to head back to work tomorrow. The kids will be leaving to fly back to New York on the 6th of January. I won't get to see them for possibly a year. I hate us being so far apart. But like takes us all in different directions.

My wonderful husband purchased me a new Macbook pro. along with a painting program. I haven't had a lot of time working on with the new program, but plan to. The new computer is so fast and is pretty easy to use. But.... I am so computer challenged it is not funny. I plan on getting a web site set up this next year. I have purchased my domain name already, so no one else gets Glad Rags Art. I named my business Glad Rags Art in honor of my wonderful late mother-in-law. Once things kind of calm down, I will post more photos.

I hope that 2014 will be a wonderful year for all of us. I am planning on focusing on my art more this next year and not doing so many customer quilts. I have a very hard time saying 'no'. I really love quilting for others.


No comments:

Post a Comment