Monday, February 24, 2014

Monday Feb 24, 2014


I got a bit more done on my statue of liberty piece. I have started building a lot of my work on a cadmium red back ground. I try to let a little of the red show through every once in a while.  It seems to make the piece have more vibrance or something. I got the idea to do my pieces this way from watching workshops on the the internet, Mark Mahafee (I am not sure on the spelling of his last name). He paints his canvases cad red and then paint with acrylic paint on top. The red shows through in some places. I figured if he could do it with paint, I could do it with fabric. It has worked pretty good. It is not that easy to cut the fabric pieces and place them close, but not touching each other. I do wish I had not made this one so large though. It is going to take a long time to finish it.








I have been raking leaves and trying to get some of the dead planting cleaned up and removed. This winter was really bad for plants here.....

No comments:

Post a Comment