Friday, July 13, 2012

July 13

July 13th is a sad day for the Gary family. Four years ago today we lost the most wonderful lady in the world. Gladys left a big hole in a lot of people's lives. I am so lucky to have had Glad for a mother-in-law. She was such a strong, beautiful, smart and gracious woman.
I got a lot done around the house today, but did not do any quilting. I cleaned the fridge out.. threw  stuff that was in the freezer that was so old I knew it would be bad.. or I did not know what it was. I got a customer quilt loaded on the machine ready to quilt tomorrow morning.  I cut Dave's hair and did some laundry.
Yesterday I picked Dayzee up and we went to our fiber arts meeting, then stopped at the local bead store, at which I tired to use a credit card that had not been activated.. thought it was the new one I had just got for my business...went to the bank but before I complained realized what I had done. The bank manager is a young man and is very patient with me. We had a really good laugh.  I delivered Patti's quilt to Scrap Apple, started and machine applique' baby quilt and did a lot of cleaning in my studio. I folded fabric and got rid of some of the smaller pieces that I know I will not use. I actually threw stuff that no one would use in the garbage.
Tomorrow I am making Navajo Tacos... Cathie and Jim are coming for dinner. Now... it's bed time. But... think it is another sleeping pill night. I have been taking steroids for a couple days, I am having breathing problems caused by my asthma. The steroids always get me going and keep me going. My lungs feel clearer tonight. So... hopefully I can start to taper off the pills tomorrow. I don't take any more than I have to, but they sure are a god send.


No comments:

Post a Comment