Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Yesterday was a busy day for me. I got Pat Rimpau's quilt finished. It is a very sweet quilt I think. She decided on wool batting. I used Superior Thread's mono-poly, Magnifico in the top, Bottom Line and Sew fine in the bobbin. I am pretty pleased with the outcome. I think Pat will be too. She has not seen it yet. The bow tie blocks took a bit of extra work to get quilting. I used a needle and thread and drew the centers up so I could quilt around them with out tacking them down.  One of her borders was different from anything I have seen before. It was ruffled. She did not want anything much done in this area. I felt that it needed some quilting so I tried to hide the stitching I did with in the gathers. I worked pretty well. 






No comments:

Post a Comment