Thursday, August 22, 2013

I got Bridget Luckau's quilt finished. It was 98x96 inches. I quilted this one heavy custom, but tried to focus on her wonderful piecing and not make the quilting a big thing. I think I accomplished that. I am sure she will be happy with it. She will pick it up tonight at the quilt guild's pot luck dinner. This one took me longer than it needed to (about a day and a half longer) because of tensions issues. I had a problem with one color of glide thread. I was using sew fine in the bobbin (that is what I normally do and love the results). I had 4 thread changes in this one.




I have been waiting for the Sears repair man to come and put the compressing in our fridge. The fridge is an LG and was purchased in 08..... Thankfully I did not get rid of the old Amana... it is running like a champ in the garage! The service was scheduled for between 8-12 and they are running behind (said the computer phone call). I hope they get here pretty soon this afternoon though. I have errands I need to do... was going to get my hair colored and cut.. that is out of the question now. I hope the young gal that does my hair is working tomorrow. If not, it will wait until next week. I need to decide if I am going to keep this blond hair or go back to my natural black/brown. 
I am putting another quilt on my long arm. Hopefully I won't have the tension issues I had on Bridget's.

No comments:

Post a Comment