Sunday, September 16, 2012

Sunday

Dave and I had the most wonderful dinner and time with dear friends last evening... Thanks so much Cathie and Jim. 
Today I spent the afternoon at Let's Quilt taking a class from Pam Clarke. She is such a fun teacher and great person! I had never colored with crayons on fabric before. We made a table runner size piece. We traced or drew flowers on three panels (I opted to trace), once done we quilted around the lines we had drawn, going over it 3 times. My back tracking was not that great, but the piece is OK. We quilted in the borders and sashing and then did tight back files behind the motif we drew. We removed the drawing lines and then colored and ironed the designs. I came home and finished coloring mine. I did it at the ironing board, heating  the design and then putting the crayon on. Doing it that way seemed to make the color much more intense. It has to be washed a few times. I hope mine stays pretty dark, but it probably won't. Pam's had a water color effect................ it was a fun class.
5 of my 'Glad to Mark It Board' pattern sold and Teryl asked me to bring in more today. I am going to be demonstrating the tool............ or explaining it. Since I need the long arm to be able to actually demo it I am going to take photos tomorrow and mount them on a display board. That should help me explain. I need to do the photos anyway.
I did a acrylic painting of the red bridge in Mingus park in Coos Bay oregon. I am very happy with it. I plan on doing it with fabric on a large canvas.
Well it is 10 and I am tired. I think I will go get a bath and then go to bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment