Sunday, September 9, 2012

perfect day!

Today is wonderful outside here in St. George, Utah.. It is much cooler outside than inside the house. I am setting out by the pond. No one is using any power tools, there are no motor bikes making noise.. no dogs and not even the crazy howling neighbor. I need to figure out something that makes him stop his noise or go inside to continue his behavior.
I should fix breakfast... but don't feel like it.
Yesterday our Dixie Quilt Guild meeting was very nice. The attendance was good for the first one of the Season. Heather Purcell (Mother Superior) of Superior Threads gave a nice talk and trunk show. We had the usual business. I think all the positions are filled. That is a big relief.
The Long Arm Meeting was not so good. There seems to be only two of us that attend regularly (excluding Teryl). The one gal that was there besides myself and Jean Johnson (Jean is wonderful and so very supportive of everyone) does not want us to stop and she does attend when ever she is here. But I don't care to continue. I don't want to plan programs and then have very few, or no one show up. It is very discouraging. I don't think it is important to many to have the group. It seems like it is just a place that people go when they don't have any thing better to do. It is not a priority for very many.... well probably besides Teryl... two of us.
I am working on a quilt for a guild member and friend.  I have it about 1/3 finished. Hope to finish it by tomorrow. She needs to get it bound for the up coming quilt show.
I found out yesterday two of the quilts I have quilted for people are being entered as two person quilts. I don't know if there are anymore that are being entered for judging or just for showing. I did not submit anything. I am busily working on the landscapes. I have a friend and customer brings a couple of smaller pieces for me to work on tomorrow.
Now.....................time to get this day started....

No comments:

Post a Comment