Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Feb 7....

It was cloudy here in St. George, Utah most of the day. I worked on the client quilt I have on the machine today. I got a lot of ditching done. Nothing more exciting than that happened here today.  I don't have any photos to post.

 I came to a decision, after hearing about the confirmation of Betsy Devos today, I cannot spend the time I have spent on facebook lately. Nothing I say makes a difference anyway and ever pole I fill out just want money.  It makes me sick that money we work so hard for goes into the pockets of the people who only care about getting reelected. If they really cared for this country they would work and vote for what is best for American, instead of working for their big donors and their political party. The confirmation of Betsy Devos is proof this is so. I really can't believe she was confirmed. She is the most unqualified person I have ever seen nominated for any post. This is just the beginning folks. If the powers in Washington are so impotent that they could not defeat this nomination, there is no hope. Up until this decision I felt that there was at least a glimmer of hope that someone had the balls to stand up to Trump. But alas.... they voted pretty much right down the party line. So that means until the bottom falls out and things get really bad it will be business as usual in Washington. When Trump has totally destroyed our standing around the world and really messed up trade agreements. Maybe the republicans in the government who have a thimble full of brains will stand up and help sanity take this country back. Hopefully they will 'see the light' before Trump starts another war. 

Hopefully I will have some art work or quilting to post tomorrow. Now... it is late and I am tired so I will say good night.
 





No comments:

Post a Comment