Sunday, August 9, 2015

Verny's quilt

Dave and I made it back home on Wednesday. We had a very nice visit in Moab. I delivered wall hanging patterns that were ordered to 'It's Sew Moab' in Moab, Utah. She also purchased my new pattern of Yucca and Hummingbird. I finished the sample and took it back by the store before we headed back home. 
Our trip home was good. Dave drove the RV and I followed in the little car. We stopped in Green River on the way home and I got a couple of water melons and a couple of Cantaloupe. It is amazon how much better Green River melons are!
I got Verny's quilt finished today. I think her choice of fabric was really fun. She used the texture magic in a few of the baskets. She also machine embroidered a few spider webs, spiders and witches. It is really cute. The Sewing Center of Southern Utah is teaching this class. They are featuring Holiday baskets. Of coarse you could choose what ever fabric you like. But the holiday baskets are fun. It is amazing how using different fabric changes the look of a pattern. If you are interested in making one of these quilts, check them out at the Sewing Center of Southern Utah. located on Bluff street in the K-mart shopping center.
I used Superior Thread on this one. Magnifico and Mono-poly in the top and bottom line in the bobbin.  I  used mono-poly to stitch in the ditch around all the baskets and the items within the larger baskets. I did the spiderweb background fill with Superior Thread's Magnifico in a neon lime green and used gray bottom line in the bobbin. Verny chose wool bating. I love the way wool quilts. It has just the right amount of loft and hangs so nice.






I also finished the border on a wall hanging.  But don't have a photo to post right now. 
Now.......... time to do a little book work and then go to bed. This day went by very fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment