Tuesday, July 26, 2016

I have been very busy over the last couple of weeks. Trying to get as much done as I can before we head out for a very short vacation. My husband and I go to Moab every year for a reunion with high school friends. This will be our 10th year. It is great to get together and catch up. It really is amazing how friends can pick up like we have really never been apart, even though it might be years since we have last seen each other.  I am looking forward to the weekend. Although............. this year Dave volunteered for us to do the breakfast.  So, that means.... I get to do the breakfast. I am going just make a couple of breakfast casseroles. I have made different kind of quick breads though....Banana nut; fig, raisin and nut; blueberry orange; cranberry orange, nut; and date and nut. They are all done and in the freezer. It was really to hot here to heat the kitchen up to bake, but I did it anyway.

I listen to audio books on my iPhone all the time. I have a new big one, 6 or something like that. Anyway, I have dropped it so many times. The thing is to big for my pockets. The last time I dropped it I cracked the glass case. I decided I needed to have something to put the cell phone in, that was light weight (some things I have tried make my neck hurt) and easy to get the phone out to swipe, put my password in it and answer calls.  I put it in a name tag case I had made for the quilt guild I belong to. It was so tall that I put a piece of elastic on it. It worked, but really was not very pretty. I decided to create my a case the worked and looked nice.  I had a few tries before I got one that I liked. I have had a lot of ladies stop me and ask me where I got my case, so I have created a pattern for it. It will be available at 'It's Sew Moab' with in the next couple of weeks.  I am not sure what the retail price for the pattern will be, but I imagine around $10. I have a web site coming and plan on selling this pattern as a digital down load as well as my wall hanging patterns.  The case is easy to make and you can make 3 for 3/4 of a yard of fabric.  I have made quite a few of the cases as well. I will sell them for $15.99 plus, sales tax and shipping. I haven't set up any thing with pay pal just yet or any other kind of credit card acceptance. That is something I must get done soon.
"Simple Cell Phone Case"


I finished a quilt for a client this last week.  Janice M has been putting blocks that her mother made. This was a lovely quilt. 


My daughter's faience, Patrick Sayers, is building me a web site. It will be up soon....www.charlottepurcellgary.com! I am very pleased with that.  Now...... it is late and I am tired. So....... Happy Quilting.
Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment