Saturday, June 20, 2015

Shirl's Quilt

I made it back to St. George Tuesday at 4:30 or so. I hated leaving Moab but wanted to get back home. It is awful to be torn between to places. My Dad was sad when I left. But.... this is where my life is. I will be making the trip back to Moab more often. It takes 6 hours to get from here to there. It is a long way to go by myself. I get tired when I get in the car. But the trip back home was not to bad. I stopped every so often and walked around. I am so thankful that Megan (my youngest) was able to stay and be one of my Dad's caregivers for a couple of months. Hopefully by that time we will be able to get someone we all feel comfortable with to stay with him. If not, I don't know what we will do. But I am not going to worry about that today. Worrying about such things does not good. I just have to trust that the Lord will work it out. 
I finished Shirl's quilt today. She will pick it up on Monday and drop another off. This one is a little bit smaller than the other quilts I have done for her.
I love the colors of this quilt and the way she combined the colors. She let me pick what pantograph to use and also what thread. I choose gray thread and I am very happy with the outcome. I love the way this pantograph looks. 
I cut the batting for the next client quilt. It is a t-shirt quilt that is really neat. I have not seen such cool t-shirts ever. Usually t-shirt quilts are just done with a simple edge to edge. This one is special we decided on custom quilting. 
This day has been a long one. I am going to get ready for bed. 
Happy Quilting!


No comments:

Post a Comment