Monday, May 11, 2015

May 10th

The quilt show went well. I was pleased that the quilt I did with Wanda B won a 1st. place ribbon in large pieced and also won the viewers choice.  There were four quilts I quilted that won ribbons. Nothing very exciting has been going on for me over the past couple of weeks. I have been very busy with my quilting. I finished this one for Candace Miller. She was extremely happy with it. I had issues with the thread we had chosen. It kept shredding and then breaking. I finally went to Superior Thread to get a new cone of the thread and it was suggested I look for another type of thread. We found the exact color in a different type. I had very little problems after that. I was happy to get this one finished though.
 Just finished this fun quilt for Beverly Nelson. Beverly has been blessed with twin grandchildren. She is getting quilts done for them. This is the first. I love the minky on the back. I though Bev's color was so great on this one. I seem to have a lot easier time quilting quilts that I like the color on.

It has been cooler here over the past week. Today the temperature was more normal for this time of year. It is breezy this afternoon though and the wind seems to make my allergies worse.
I need to decide what I am going to fix for dinner and get it going.


No comments:

Post a Comment