Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy Forth of July!

June sure got by me fast! I have been pretty busy. I don't have quilts waiting to be quilted, but seem to always have one on the frame. That is great!
I finished Kay W. quilt. She picked it up yesterday and was very happy  with it. That makes me feel great. The lady I have been quilting old quilt tops for, picked one up and dropped another off.
I have one side to sew down on a binding on the large customer quilt. I am glad to get these quilts finished.
The Fiber Art class I teach at Scrap Apple was fun yesterday. There were only two students there. Really only one student and Jean J. She does not need my instruction.
I did not take very many photos of Kay's quilt. The fabric is very busy and the quilting is minimal. I used a stencil to do all the blocks. I free handed the small inside border and used a stencil and chalk to quilt the pattern in the purple border. I just did un-even piano keys in the border. Kay chose a Superior Thread Rainbow thread. I feel it worked up very nicely. Just the right amount of quilting.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment